Frequently Asked Questions
Textbooks & Custom Course Material
Can I return textbooks and custom course materials?
Textbooks can be returned up until the day after the University's last day for registration for current term. Returns for Textbooks are subject, but not limited to the following:
- Bookstore receipt is required for all refunds.
- Refunds will only be processed through the same method of payment that was used at time of purchase; cash, debit, credit card or Mountie Money. If this method of payment is not available, refund will be applied to Mountie Money.
- For Fall and Winter full term courses, refunds will be available up to the last day to register for courses for each term; Spring and Summer semester courses will be refunded for 2 days after start date of courses.
- Course packs, calculators, and study guides are non-refundable.
- Textbooks must be in purchased condition. No returns of textbooks, if the shrink-wrap has been opened. Textbooks are non-returnable if the CD’s, Disks or Access Codes have been opened. Returned textbooks must be in perfect condition to be returned to the Publisher.
- Defective books/disks are replaced at the discretion of Bookstore Management.
- Standalone access codes will only be refunded upon confirmation that code has not been activated.
Can the Bookstore pick cheaper books?
The Bookstore is not directly involved in the selection of textbooks for your classes. Faculty decides which book(s) are used for their courses after reviewing many different options. Once a selection is made, the professors inform The Bookstore which books or materials should be ordered.
The Bookstore works to keep prices of textbooks down. For example, the Bookstore encourages the faculty to choose their textbooks early so we can get as many used copies as possible. We offer a variety of textbook options, including e-textbooks. We do not markup textbook, but merely cover the costs.
What if my course isn’t listed when searching for my books?
It means a few things: either you don’t have a required book for your class, or the professor hasn’t turned in an order yet, or the reading material has been put on Moodle.
Can I return merchandise or non-textbook items?
Returns for damaged, defective or incorrect merchandise returns are subject, but not limited to the following:
- Bookstore receipt is required for all refunds. If receipt is unavailable, the most current sale value will be offered.
- Refunds will only be refunded through the same method of payment at time of purchase; cash, debit, credit card or Mountie Money. If this method of payment is not available, refund will be applied to Mountie Money.
- Merchandise must be in new/unused/unworn condition.
- 10-days from date of purchase for all returns due to defects, with receipt.
- All clearance items are final sale.
I’ve placed an order online, how long does it take to process?
Orders are processed once a business day in the morning. If your order is received after the daily processing, your order will be filled the next business day.
I’ve placed an order and received a call that you no longer have my size in stock, why?
We will make every attempt to list only in-stock items; however, there may be instances when a popular item sells out quickly. Should this occur, your order will be adjusted and processed immediately. Your credit card will only be charged for those items shipped.
What do I do if I lost my Student ID?
The Bookstore can reprint a new ID for you. There is a fee for reprinting a replacement.
What do I do if I've forgotten my PIN number for my student ID?
Email email@example.com and we can reset your PIN number.
What do I do if I need something printed?
Email your print job to firstname.lastname@example.org with instructions (for example how many copies, black & white or color, single or double sided) and we will print for you. The printshop will respond via email when the job is ready to be picked up.